Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee

Agenda

 

 

Notice of Meeting:

A meeting of the Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee will be held on:

 

Date:                                     Tuesday 19 June 2018

Time:                                    4pm

Venue:                                 Governors Bay Community Centre, 1 Cresswell Avenue, Governors Bay

 

 

Membership

Members

Gina Waibl - Community Representative      

Ian Lloyd - Community Representative          

Garrick Thorn - Community Representative 

Fiona Nicol - Community Representative      

Paula Smith - Community Representative    

Pam Richardson - Community Representative        

Andrew Turner - Deputy Mayor Christchurch City Council           

Elizabeth Cunningham - Councillor Environment Canterbury      

Manaia Cunningham - Te Runanga o Koukourarata            

Benita Wakefield - Te Runanga o Wairewa   

Pere Tainui - Te Runanga o Onuku       

June Swindells - Te Hapū  o Ngāti Wheke/Rapaki   

 

 

12 June 2018

 

Principal Advisor

Peter Kingsbury

Principal Advisor  Natural Resources

Tel: 941 8487

Christchurch City Council

Zone Facilitator

Olivia Smith

Zone Facilitator

Tel: 027 886 3949

Environment Canterbury

Committee Advisor

Warren Brixton

Council Secretariat

Tel: 941 8999

Christchurch City Council

 

To view copies of Agendas and Minutes, visit:
https://www.ccc.govt.nz/the-council/meetings-agendas-and-minutes/
https://www.ecan.govt.nz/get-involved/council-and-committee-meetings/

 


Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee

19 June 2018

 

 

 

 

 


Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee

19 June 2018

     

 

 

TABLE OF CONTENTS

 

1.       Apologies................................................................................................................................... 4

2.       Confirmation of Previous Minutes.......................................................................................... 4

3.       Matters Arising from the Minutes........................................................................................... 4

4.       Deputations by Appointment.................................................................................................. 4

5.       Identification of Urgent Items.................................................................................................. 4

6.       Identification of General Public Contribution........................................................................ 4

Staff Reports

7.       Facilitators Update - 19 June 2018......................................................................................... 11

8.       Banks Peninsula Zone Committee Implementation Plan - Next Steps............................... 31

9.       Environment Canterbury Forestry Working Group Update............................................... 35   

 

 


Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee

19 June 2018

 

 

 

 

1.   Apologies

An apology was received from Pam Richardson.

2.   Confirmation of Previous Minutes

That the minutes of the Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee meeting held on Tuesday, 15 May 2018  be confirmed (refer page 5).

3.   Matters Arising from the Minutes

4.   Deputations by Appointment

There were no deputations by appointment at the time the agenda was prepared. 

5.   Identification of Urgent Items

6.   Identification of General Public Contributions


Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee

19 June 2018

 

 

 

                                                   

 

 

 

Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee

Open Minutes

 

 

Date:                                     Tuesday 15 May 2018

Time:                                    4.10pm

Venue:                                 Akaroa Recreation Pavilion, 28 Rue Jolie, Akaroa

 

 

Present

Chairperson

Members

Paula Smith - Community Representative    

Gina Waibl - Community Representative      

Garrick Thorn - Community Representative 

Fiona Nicol - Community Representative      

Pam Richardson - Community Representative        

Elizabeth Cunningham - Councillor Environment Canterbury      

Manaia Cunningham - Te Rūnanga o Koukourarata            

Benita Wakefield - Te Rūnanga o Wairewa   

Pere Tainui - Te Rūnanga o Ōnuku       

 

 

21 May 2018

 

Principal Advisor

Peter Kingsbury

Principal Advisor  Natural Resources

Tel: 941 8487

Christchurch City Council

Zone Facilitator

Olivia Smith

Zone Facilitator

Tel: 027 886 3949

Environment Canterbury

Committee Advisor

Warren Brixton

Council Secretariat

Tel: 941 8999

Christchurch City Council

 

 

www.ccc.govt.nz

To view copies of Agendas and Minutes, visit:
www.ccc.govt.nz/thecouncil/meetingsminutes/agenda/index.aspx
www.ecan.govt.nz/news-and-notices/minutes/Pages/Default.aspx

 


 

 

The agenda was dealt with in the following order.

1.   Apologies

The apologies for absence from Andrew Turner, June Swindells and Ian Lloyd, and apologies for lateness from Elizabeth Cunningham, Manaia Cunningham and Garrick Thorn, were accepted.

2.   Confirmation of Previous Minutes

Committee Decision

It was decided that the replacement minutes of the Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee meeting held on Tuesday, 17 April 2018, as tabled, be confirmed containing the following amendments:

·    Under 4 Deputations by Appointment, the inclusion of Deputation information by Philip King, Loudon Farm

·    Under each decision, instead of “Joint Committee Decision” it should be amended to read “Committee Decision”

 

3.   Matters Arising from the Minutes

         (i)        Farm Environment Plans – The Farm Environmental Plans group decided not to meet and instead agreed via email on the location and dates of the workshops.

4.   Deputations by Appointment

There were no deputations by appointment.

5.   Identification of Urgent Items

         Nil.

6.   Identification of General Public Contributions

         Nil.

 

7.   Facilitators Update - 16 May 2018

 

The report was taken as read.

 

Matters Arising

(i)            Nature Agents Day – Pam Richardson and Gina Waibl attended the day’s event with Akaroa school, which involved approximately 40 children and was a lot of fun.

(ii)           Whakaraupo Catchment Management Plan- The Chair advised that Ian Lloyd has expressed some concern about losing community momentum.  Elizabeth Cunningham advised that implementation will be the focus of the upcoming governance meeting. 

(iii)          Forestry – Questions regarding CCC role in managing forestry would be addressed by Council staff present at the meeting.

(iv)         Onsite Wastewater Systems – ECan science staff are scoping the proposed research project. Zone team are contacting maintenance contractors and will report back at the next meeting.

(v)          Youth Engagement – Pam reported that there is a lot of youth engagement directly through school programmes. The Committee agreed that it would be worth inviting Hannah Dunlop (Youth Engagement Team Leader) to a future meeting.

(vi)         Omnibus Plan Change 2019 – The Facilitator asked if there were any additional regionally significant topics that should be included in the Plan Change. Members supported the inclusion of forestry as a regionally significant topic and raised two questions regarding the Plan Change.

 

1.    Would the implementation of the National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management mean that there would be a requirement to fence waterways on flat land on Banks Peninsula?

2.    Does the Omnibus Plan Change propose to change the rules that apply to community drinking water protection zones? It is thought that these are restrictive and impractical to implement on Banks Peninsula.

Elizabeth Cunningham, Manaia Cunningham and Garrick Thorn joined the meeting at this stage of the proceedings.

 

 

Committee Decision

That the Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee:

1.         Receive the information in the Facilitator’s report.

2.         Support the inclusion of forestry in the Omnibus Plan Change.

3.         Request a response from Environment Canterbury planning staff on the questions raised regarding stock exclusion and drinking water protection zones.

 

8.   Verbal Briefing from Christchurch City Council Planning Staff

 

 

Kent Wilson advised that the new National Environment Standards (NES) for Forestry came into effect on 1 May 2018, resulting in councils having to bring their respective plans into line with the standards.

Kent explained that given the document is new, staff are still working to understand what it will mean.

 

Based on his initial assessment he advised that:

·    some of the existing responsibilities for forestry would pass from territorial authorities to regional authorities.

·    the NES is generally very enabling of forestry activities and enables some vegetation clearance.

·    ECan will need to give effect to the NES and consider what changes to the Land and Water Plan are appropriate.

Members raised concerns about forestry and specifically mentioned the Moepuku forestry block in Lyttelton Harbour and another in Port Levy.

 

Steve Firth (Zone Manager) advised that ECan has established an internal Forestry Working Group. Members suggested that the Forestry Working Group work with Christchurch City Council staff.

 

Kent spoke briefly about inundation of low lying land in Teddington Basin. He advised that the Christchurch City Council is working with an affected landowner to discuss options and that Christchurch City Council plan to undertake culvert cleaning in Teddington in the summer months. He reiterated that sea level rise is a national issue and currently there is no national or regional directive on how to address this issue.

 

Kent explained that the District Plan does not stipulate minimum lot sizes in Papakāinga zones, instead this is at the discretion of manawhenua. In circumstances where there is no reticulated wastewater system, lot sizes need to accommodate an onsite system. The amount of land required for this depends on factors such as the type of system installed and proximity to drinking water supplies.

 

 

Committee Decision

That the Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee:

1.         Receive the briefing.

2.         Request Environment Canterbury and Christchurch City Council planning staff work together to implement the NES for Forestry.

3.         Request the Facilitator to compile a list of forestry issues/risks previously raised by members.  This will be circulated to members and provided to Councils to inform discussion about NES implementation.

 

9.   Strategic Allocation of Immediate Steps Biodiversity Project

 

 

Members discussed concerns about the lack of strategy around funding decisions and the time that applicants are waiting for funding responses. Possible options for addressing these issues were briefly discussed.

 

 

Staff Recommendations Decision

That the Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee:

1.         Establish a Biodiversity Working Group to develop a strategic approach for allocating the IMS Biodiversity Fund.

 

Committee Decision

That the Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee:

1.         Hold a Zone Committee workshop in June to consider the current Immediate Steps applications and to develop an agreed strategy for managing future applications.

 

Pam Richardson advised her apology for the June Zone Committee Meeting.

 

The Committee dealt with Item 11 at this time.

11. Stream Bank Brochure

 

 

Members agreed that the target audience for the information is all landowners on Banks Peninsula and that the key topics include:

·    Stream bank management

·    Culverts/fish passage

·    Mahinga kai

·    Stock exclusion rules

·    Rules for working in waterways

·    Stream habitat

It was suggested that a series of cards rather than brochures should be used, with bullet points and visuals. These could be distributed as part of a wider engagement package.

 

 

Committee Decision

That the Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee:

1.         Support the development of a series of information cards

 

2.         Agree that Paula Smith, Pam Richardson, Fiona Nicol and Benita Wakefield will work with Christchurch City Council staff on the development of the cards. 

 

A dinner break was taken between 6.00pm and 6.45pm.

 

10. Zone Delivery Team - Quarterly Report

 

 

In addition to the written report, Steve Firth and Geoff Thompson spoke to a series of slides to update the Committee on progress.

 

The Chair raised concerns about how long it is taking to identify sites for the road cutting trial.

Pam offered to support Geoff Thompson with a presentation to the Wairewa Runanga Natural Resources Portfolio Group on the Wairewa Bank Stabilisation Project.

 

The issue of stormwater in Little River was raised however it was noted that the issue had been raised by Little River Trust in its submission to the Christchurch City Council Long Term Plan.

 

 

Committee Decision

That the Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee:

1.         Receive the information in the Quarterly Report and the verbal update.

 

 

Verbal Update from Working Groups

 

The Chair advised that the Roadshow Working Group met and agreed to host a pilot workshop in Port Levy and Purau. Pam advised that she had since spoken with several landowners and they felt it would be more appropriate to host Port Levy and Pigeon Bay together. Some members doubted whether residents of various communities would attend roadshows, given the number of events held in each community already.

 

The Chair reminded the committee that the ZIP review is the primary piece of work for this year and it should not be delayed.

 

Alternative engagement options were discussed including drop in sessions, surveys, and engaging in existing events.

 

It was agreed that given the existing ZIP is based on a large amount of community consultation, the Committee would progress with developing a draft streamlined ZIP. The Committee could then do a ‘check in’ with the community to ensure it reflects their priorities. 

 

Committee Decision

That the Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee:

1.      Request the Facilitator and Chairperson work together to complete a draft chapter as an example for discussion with the Committee.

 

 

The meeting concluded with a Karakia.

 

   

Meeting concluded at 7.45pm.

 

CONFIRMED THIS 19TH DAY OF JUNE 2018

 

 

 


Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee

19 June 2018

 

 

 

 

7.        Facilitators Update - 19 June 2018

Reference:

18/590658

Presenter(s):

Olivia Smith Zone Facilitator

 

 

1.   Purpose of Report

1.1       The purpose of this report is to inform the Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee of: community engagement events/relevant updates and actions from previous meetings.

 

2.   Staff Recommendations

That the Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee:

1.    Receives the Facilitators report. 

2.    Identify any zone committee members interested in participating in the development of the Canterbury black-backed gull strategy.

3.    Receive the report on the Canterbury Water Management Strategy (CWMS) Fit for the Future project

4.    Provide feedback on draft statements prepared by the CWMS Regional Committee to describe what success we (collectively) expect to see over the next ten years of the CWMS.

 

 

 

3.   Report

4.   Recent Events

Event

Target Audience

 

 

Community Planting Day at Living Springs, Tuesday, 19 June 2018 from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm

 

Community members.

Weeding Bee at Balguerie Stream, Akaroa

9 June at 9:30 am - 12:30 pm

 

Hosted by the Banks Peninsula Conservation Trust and open to the public

 

5.   Upcoming Events

Event

Target Audience

 

Red Zone Exhibition

Where: 99 Cashel St, Cashel Mall, Christchurch
When: 10am–3pm daily (Thursdays until 7pm) from 26 May to 30 June 2018

 

Public- can provide feedback on initial proposals for the red zone- this includes a green corridor.

International Erosion Control Association (IECA) Australasia and New Zealand Institute of Highway Technology (NZIHT) Conference

28th-31st August

Chateau on the Park, Christchurch NZ

 

Conference attendees.

 

There is a public fieldtrip on the afternoon of the 28th August. This field day will include demonstrations of erosion control tools. Details tbc.

 

Farm Environment Plan Workshop

Tue 26th June10:00am - 3:00pm

Orton Bradley Park

Farmers in the Whakaraupō Catchment

SCIENCE SERIES –

Dr Simon Pollard. Bringing Bugs to Life

12 June at 10:00 am - 11:30 am

WEA

59 Gloucester St 
Christchurch,

 

Dr Trevor Jackson. – Using Bio Resources for Sustainable agriculture

19 June at 10:00 am - 11:30 am

WEA

59 Gloucester St 
Christchurch,

 

Public

Networking for the Environment: Future of Funding 2.

Crowdfunding your ideas!

28th June 9.30-1pm

Visitor Centre – Chch Botanic Gardens

NGO’s, Community groups, ZC

 


 3.  Actions- Update on matters raised at previous meetings

Matter

Update

ZC Communications

 

Garrick Thorn completed Soap Box item on natures agents (attached). This was in the newspaper and on the facebook page. 

 

Fiona is working on the next soapbox on forestry.

 

Comms staff to discuss social media opportunities with zone committee at meeting.

 


Whakaraupo Catchment Management Plan-
Update

 

Elizabeth Cunningham to provide brief verbal update from the governance group meeting.

 

 

Forestry

 

 

Update from Ecan forestry working group in the agenda.

 

Onsite Wastewater Systems Recommendations

 

Ecan and CCC have agreed to fund a University student to undertake the research project at Wainui. Andrew Dakers has provided feedback on the proposed project.  Expressions of interest will now be sought from students at the Waterways Centre at Canterbury University.


Comms have developed a draft one pager (few simple messages) on septic tank maintenance. The next step is to seek input from CCC and then bring to ZC to discuss how to best share it with the community.

 

Zone team to report back on discussion with maintenance contractors.

 

Youth Engagement

 

 

Hannah Dunlop (Team leader of Youth Engagement at Ecan) is keen to attend zone meeting. She will attend once the CCC LTP has been finalised as she will then have certainty about the future of enviro schools on Banks Peninsula.

IMS biodiversity Funding

Zone Committee workshop to be held on the 3 July.

 

 

 

 

4.  Future Zone Committee Items

 

Aquatic Significant Ecological Sites (SES) and CCC Biodiversity Fund

 

Laura Molles (CCC ecologist) is happy to speak the committee about the CCC biodiversity fund and provide an update on CCC proposed SES work programme, particularly aquatic SES.


Fish Barrier Survey

 

 

Ecan employed a summer student over the 2017/2018 summer to undertake an assessment of fish barriers on Banks Peninsula. The student is hoping to attend the July meeting to provide an overview of her findings.

 

Long Term Plans (LTPs)

 

Ecan and CCC LTPs will be finalised in late June. Ecan staff to prepare a short paper which identifies the key decisions in the LTP that are relevant to zone committees.

 

Research on Springs on Banks Peninsula

 

Sam Hampton (Canterbury University) has undertaken some really interesting research on the springs on Banks Peninsula. His research significantly improves our understanding of the unique types of springs on Banks Peninsula. He may be willing to attend a future meeting to share his key findings.

Water Quality, Ecosystem Health and State of Lake 2017/2018 Updates

 

The science monitoring year is aligned with the financial year so the results for the 2017/2018 will be available soon. Science staff are keen to present these results to the committee in August.

 

5.Relevant Updates for zone committee information

 

Black-Blacked Gull

Attached is a paper on the development of a Southern Black-Backed Gull/Karoro strategy. This strategy does not directly impact on Banks Peninsula as it is focused on braided rivers however interested ZC members are welcome to participate in the development of the strategy.


CWMS Fit for Future Project

Zone Committee Members are invited to provide feedback on draft statements prepared by the CWMS Regional Committee to describe what success we (collectively) expect to see over the next ten years of the CWMS.

 

 

 

Attachments

No.

Title

Page

a

Natures Agents Soapbox - Garrick Thorn

15

b

Black - backed gull Strategy Paper 1

16

c

Black - backed gull Strategy Paper 2

23

d

CWMS Fit for Future Project

30

 

 


Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee

19 June 2018

 

 

 

PDF Creator


Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee

19 June 2018

 

 

 

PDF Creator


 

PDF Creator


 

PDF Creator


 

PDF Creator


Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee

19 June 2018

 

 

 

PDF Creator


 

PDF Creator


 

PDF Creator


 

PDF Creator


Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee

19 June 2018

 

 

 

PDF Creator


Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee

19 June 2018

 

 

 

 

8.        Banks Peninsula Zone Committee Implementation Plan - Next Steps

Reference:

18/591247

Presenter(s):

Olivia Smith Zone Facilitator

 

 

1.   Purpose of Report

1.1       The purpose of this report is to propose a style, structure and process for developing a Banks Peninsula 3-year Zone Action Plan for the Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee

2.   Staff Recommendations

That the Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee:

-    Support the proposed style and structure.

-    Agree on catchment areas.

-    Confirm what catchments they would like to focus on at the July meeting.

 

 

 

3.   Key Points

Each zone committee in Canterbury has a Zone Implementation Programme (ZIP) which includes a community vision, priority outcomes and a set of recommendations for councils/ agencies/groups/community to deliver. Some zone committees have also developed a ZIP Addendum for part of their zone which includes more detailed recommendations used to develop specific RMA plan provisions.

 

In September 2017, Christina Robb (Happen Consultancy) completed a review of ZIP’s to assess how the zone committee’s recommendations could be crafted and staged to maximise the influence of ZIP’s on council and agency work programmes.

 

Christina undertook interviews with a range of people involved in the CWMS and made recommendations for improving the effectiveness of ZIP’s. Recommendations include:

 

1.    Review/Set priority outcomes.

2.    Set measures for assessing progress towards outcomes.

3.    Include pathway for each outcome (actions/tasks).

4.    Show a clear link with CWMS targets.

5.    Set a focus for 3 years.

6.    Provide a set of actions the zone committee will do.

7.    Include a section on ‘Who’- community, groups, agencies.

8.    Explain the role of the annual work programmes.

9.    Make the document shorter and more focused.

10.  Consider the need to make a connection with the community.

 

 

BANKS PENINSULA ZONE IMPLEMENTATION PROGRAMME (ZIP)

 

The ZIP includes a large number of recommendations that are grouped by theme. In 2016/2017 the zone committee completed a stocktake of the ZIP to identify what recommendations had been delivered.  This process showed that while progress has been made on many recommendations, little progress had been made on others. Furthermore, some recommendations where no longer considered a priority/relevant.

 

It was also noted that there was a bit of a disconnect between the ZIP and the 5-year Outcomes and Milestones. The zone committee feel little ownership of the this and currently it is simply used as a work programme by the Environment Canterbury’s zone team.

 

To address these issues, it is proposed that a focused document with a 3-year view be developed to provide councils, agencies and communities with clarity about what is to be achieved in each catchment in the next 3 years. It will also clearly outline what actions the zone committee will do to help achieve this.

 

 

WHAT COULD THIS LOOK LIKE?

·    Short, focused document

·    Catchment based

·    Has a 3-year view (2019-2021)

 

 

 

Proposed Structure

PART 1: Zone Overview

Brief overview of the geography, history and the community. This can include who (community, agencies. groups) is working in the zone and examples of what has been achieved to date.

 

PART 2: Recommendations

 

Step 1: Identify Catchment Based Priority Outcomes (3 years)- Outcomes need be short with clear language.

 

Step 2: Identify Measures for Monitoring Progress on Outcomes- Can consider measures used in the targets report.

 

 

Step 3: Pathways to Achieve Outcome- These are the actions/tasks that need to happen.

 

Step 4: Identify lead agency/contributors.

 

Step 5: Outline Zone Committee Actions- what will the committee do “recommend, influence, connect, champion etc”.

Priority outcome

Measures

Actions/Tasks

Lead Agency/ contributors

ZC Action

PART 3: Work programmes and Reporting

  Small section that explains relationship with annual work programmes and annual reports.

1.  

 

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?

 

PART 1: We can use some of the great content from the intro in the existing ZIP and use more visuals. We can include photos and examples of projects for the ‘who/community section’.

 

PART 2: Confirm catchment areas. This could include:

-    Whakaraupo (remember catchment management Plan)

-    Wairewa (remember ZIP Addendum)

-    Port Levy

-    Pigeon Bay

-    Okains Bay

-    Little Akaloa?

-    The Wildside

-    Akaroa

-    Southern Bays

 

For each catchment area we can pull together existing information so you can discuss and determine the priority outcome(s), measures, pathways, lead agency/contributor, ZC actions.  Zone Committee could aim to complete this for several catchments at each meeting

 

PART 3: Develop a couple of short paragraphs or a visual which clearly explains relationship with annual work programmes and annual reports.

 

 

 

 

Attachments

There are no attachments to this report.

 

Signatories

Author

Warren Brixton - Committee Advisor

Approved By

Warren Brixton - Committee Advisor

  


Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee

19 June 2018

 

 

 

 

9.        Environment Canterbury Forestry Working Group Update

Reference:

18/590450

Presenter(s):

Virginia Loughnan

 

 

1.   Purpose of Report

1.1       The purpose of this report is to provide information to  the Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee on managing the environmental risks of forestry

2.   Staff Recommendations

That the Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee:

1.         Receive the verbal update

2.         Note the attached summary of zone committee feedback on managing the environmental risks of forestry on Banks Peninsula (relevant to the Canterbury Water Management Strategy).

 

 

3.   Report

In May, a planner from Christchurch City Council (CCC) provided the zone committee with his initial interpretation of the new National Environment Standard for Plantation Forestry (NES-PF). This conservation raised many questions about how forestry activities would be managed. It was also apparent that planning staff at CCC and Environment Canterbury needed to work together consider the impacts of NES-PF on the Regional and District Plans.

During the meeting, committee members started to provide CCC with some feedback about the specific issues with forestry on Banks Peninsula. It was the agreed that Councils would find it helpful if committee members noted these concerns (from their perspective as a community members) as bullet points in a short document. Council staff would then consider these when looking at potential changes to Regional and District Plans. They would also consider this when prioritising monitoring activities.

Report

Virginia Loughnan (Consents Section Manger) will attend the zone committee meeting to update the committee on the Environment Canterbury Forestry Working Group. This group are tasked with determining how Environment Canterbury will give effect to the NES-PF. The group is comprised of staff from the consents, planning, compliance, regional support, and zone delivery sections. The group have also met with Territorial Authorities, Ministry of Primary Industries and the forestry industry.

At the zone committee meeting Virginia will:

·    provide a brief overview of how and why the NES-PF was developed.

·    explain how NES-PF works with rules in the Land and Water Regional Plan. 

·    explain how forestry activities will be managed - resource consents and permitted activities. This will include an overview of how these will be monitored.

·    outline the next steps.

 

 

 

 

Attachments

No.

Title

Page

a

Managing the environmental risks of forestry on Banks Peninsula

37

 

 


Banks Peninsula Water Management Zone Joint Committee

19 June 2018

 

 

 

PDF Creator


 

PDF Creator